Rotating Queue – INTERN Jeopardy Policy
- Jeopardy is called in order (1st, 2nd, then 3rd)
- After you have missed two or more days† of your regular scheduled rotation, you go to the end of the queue (i.e. 1st -> 3rd).
- “Two days” is defined as 2 days of inpatient service, 1 night of NF, 4 half-days of clinic, or 2 ED shifts.
- Example 1: You are jeopardized to cover Gens-I on Monday, and you then cover an ED shift on Tuesday. You now move to the back of the jeopardy queue
- However, if jeopardized, you will cover the service for the duration of that need. We need to maintain continuity.
- Example 2: You are jeopardized to Cards-I because your colleague has appendicitis. Your colleague is out for one week. You stay on Cards for the entire week. Once your colleague returns, you move to the end of the queue.
- Please keep your pager with you at ALL times during your jeopardy block.
- If paged, you are expected to respond within 15 minutes and be prepared to be in the hospital within 1 hour.
- You must NOT go out of town during jeopardy.
- Please note your obligations begin at 8am on the first day of your block and last until 8am the first day of the next block.
- All schedules switches must be for the entire block.
- Do not schedule Step 3, ACLS recertification, etc. during jeopardy