|Start Date||1st Jeopardy||2nd Jeopardy||3rd Jeopardy|
|8/21/2019||Teixera de Silva||Hareza||Daily|
|2/5/2020||D Wang||Ortiz Worthington||Goldenberg|
Rotating Queue – RESIDENT Jeopardy Policy
- Jeopardy is called in order (1st, 2nd, then 3rd).
- After missing two days or more† of your originally scheduled rotation, you go to the back of the queue (i.e. 1st -> 3rd).
- “Two days” = 2 days of inpatient service or DF, 2 nights of NF, 4 half-days of clinic, 2 ED shifts, or one overnight call (24+4 hours).
- MROC will count as “one day” of jeopardy time, but you are not expected to work on your post-MROC day.
- Example 1: You are jeopardized to cover Gens-R on Monday, and you then cover your colleague’s PCG clinic on Tuesday and another colleague’s clinic on Wednesday. You now move to the back of the jeopardy queue.
- Example 2: You cover a MICU call on Wednesday, stay overnight, and leave Thursday morning post-rounds.You now move to the back of the queue.
- However, if jeopardized, you will cover the service for the duration of that need. We need to maintain continuity.
- Example 3: You are jeopardized to Cards because your colleague has appendicitis. Your colleague is out for one week. You stay on Cards for that entire week. Once your colleague returns, you move to the end of the queue.
- Please keep your pager with you at ALL times during your jeopardy block.
- If paged, you are expected to respond within 15 minutes and be in the hospital within 1 hour.
- Please note your obligations begin at 8am on the first day of your block and last until 8am the first day of the next block.
- Schedule switches:
- Preference is still for full block switches
- Residents should first attempt to identify a full block switch before looking into partial coverage
- Partial block coverage must be provided by the same covering resident
- The covering resident cannot have any other duties during that time (including clinic, MROCs, or extra service pay shifts).
- Residents are responsible for finding their own jeopardy coverage but should run proposed coverage plans by the chiefs
- Interview coverage falls in separate category and must be run by chiefs
- You are not eligible for MROCs or nightfloats during jeopardy.
- You may not participate in extra service pay shifts while on jeopardy.
- Do not schedule Step 3, ACLS recertification, etc. during jeopardy.