The purpose of the weekend float is to provide coverage for night float teams in order to provide a day off for night float residents.
- Second and third year residents are eligible for 1-2 weekend floats per residency. All ambulatory, elective, and consult rotations are eligible although residents will be preferentially assigned during their +4 consult blocks in order to preserve. Trades are allowed. Please see schedule below.
- Responsibilities vary depending on day.
- Friday night: weekend float will cover general medicine night float resident (please see general medicine service rules) – normal service rules apply
- Saturday night: weekend float will cover CCU night float resident (please see CCU service rules) – normal service rules apply
- Sunday night: weekend float will assist in the CCU primarily but may assist in other areas as needed by the inpatient teams. The CCU night float resident and the weekend float should discuss to divide tasks however the primary responsibility of the CCU will still be with the regularly scheduled CCU night float resident.
- Friday night: sign into the general medicine night float pager
- Saturday night: sign into the CCU admitting pager
- Sunday night: not holding a primary pager
- It is expected that residents are in the hospital for their night float shifts on the weekend that they are assigned weekend float starting Friday night and continuing through Monday morning
- Residents are not expected to go to their rotation on Friday day or Monday day
- Residents will resume their normally scheduled rotation starting Tuesday after their weekend float day
|Block||Friday PM||Monday AM||Resident|