Welcome to the Compliance and HIPAA Education computer-based training page!
The online training allows you to complete the annual requirement for Compliance Training and/or HIPAA Privacy and Security Training, onsite or offsite, through selection of the appropriate courses.
All faculty, residents, and staff who are involved in providing direct patient care that includes a professional charge (“profee”), or who bill, or code, or services that include a professional charge must complete Compliance Training within 45 days of the start of their employment and each year thereafter.
All new faculty, residents, and employees are required to complete HIPAA Privacy and Security Training within 45 days of the start of employment.
Please read the following instructions carefully.
- To access the computer training you are required to be an employee of the University of Chicago Hospitals or the Biological Sciences Division of the University of Chicago.
- You will need a specific user ID/password provided by the Office of Medical Center Compliance. If you do not have or do not remember your password, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
- Select ONLY the training that is specific to your educational requirement. HIPAA Privacy and Security Training and Compliance Training are not interchangeable. If you are unsure of the requirement, please contact the Office of Medical Center Compliance at the phone numbers listed below.
(This HIPAA Privacy and Security Program does not satisfy the Compliance Training requirement.)
(These Compliance Programs do not satisfy the HIPAA Privacy and Security Training requirement.)
- Compliance/ Professional Fraud Awareness Training(FOR: FACULTY, RESIDENTS, AND NEW STAFF)
- Compliance/ Corporate Fraud Awareness Training(FOR: RETURNING STAFF)
(This Research Program does not satisfy the HIPAA Privacy Training Requirement nor the Compliance Training Requirment.)
For assistance, please contact Tamaa Davis-El at (773) 834-4516.