Procedure service rotation will consist of 1 week of procedure service and 1 week of neurology/NeuroICU (default) or a clinical specialty elective if you choose to arrange one. The default option for your 2nd week is Neuro consults. You can also do Neuro ICU (8am to 5pm, no weekends). If you choose this option, please email the fellow the day before starting. You do not work weekends while on procedure service (unless you are also jeopardy).
You may also request, more than 1 month prior to your procedure service rotation, to do one week of an elective in a specialty you’re interested in. This elective must be clinical and cannot be research-based. Options include an outpatient clinic elective (> 6 half days a week) with a specialist of your choice or a procedural elective (eg bronch, cath lab, EP suite, GI suite) with the equivalent time commitment (> 6 half days per week). You are responsible for reaching out to specialists individually to confirm with them that you can join their clinic/service.
- Will not work on weekends
- Excused from 11:30 am – 1pm for morning report and noon conference.
- Excused for post-MROC, jeopardy, or fellowship interviews. Please tell your neuro resident in advance if you will be missing >1 day.
- Page the Neuro Consult Resident at 8am on your first day. Their workroom is generally the Neuro 8th floor workroom (Room 8-470); the neurology consult pager is 6378.
- You would see 1-2 new consults daily as well as follow up on old consults as needed and staff with attending. Neuro consult resident will be available to answer questions.
- You would observe stroke codes with consult resident in the morning or NICU fellow in the afternoon
- If interested, can coordinate with outpatient teams to perform an LP or observe EMG.
- Attend Stroke Report in 8001 on Tuesdays at 8am.
- Will not work on weekends
- Excused between 11:30 AM-1 PM for conference
- Excused for post-MROC, jeopardy, or fellowship interviews. Please tell your neuro resident and the fellow in advance if you will be missing >1 day.
- Show up in 8-N neuro ICU workroom at 7 am. Email or Page the fellow the day before to let them know you’ll be joining.
- Act as junior resident
- Care for 1-2 patients and write notes, orders, and call consults. You will not admit (except for direct transfers) – neuro consult or floor teams admit to neuro ICU.
- Your patients would be under the supervision of a senior neuro ICU resident and fellow
- In morning you would round with team, and in the afternoon you should join NICU didactics and neuro ICU fellow to see strokes, ICU consults, etc.
- 6229 (neuroICU virtual pager) will be FCP and will covered by neurology resident
- Sign out to neurology resident on Friday for coverage on weekends
- Attend Stroke Report in 8001 on Tuesdays at 8am
- Email Chief Residents more than 1 month before your procedure service rotation to let them know you plan to do an elective.
- The elective must be clinical (cannot be research)
- Options include:
- An outpatient clinic elective (> 6 half days a week) with a specialist of your choice
- A procedural elective (eg bronch, cath lab, EP suite, GI suite) with the equivalent time commitment (> 6 half days per week)
- You are responsible for reaching out to specialists individually to confirm with them that you can join their clinic/service